Try this easy pizza dish, that I guarantee will taste, if not better, but as good as a ready made veggie pizza.
You can change the toppings to what ever you like, may be some rocket & pineapple, or you can change the contents of the sauce. Its a very forgiving recipe, so play with it.
- Pre-made Pizza base- available in the freezer section
- ½ Cup diced tomatoes or tomato paste (I use the ones with garlic in it)
- 2-3 tsp. Oregano
- 3-4 Garlic cloves minced or grated
- 1 tbsp. Chili flakes
- Fresh Basil leaves
- Basil Pesto paste
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup Mixed veggies- Onion, Broccoli, carrots, corn, capsicum etc. I use the pack of frozen veggies.
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the pizza base from the fridge 5 mins before you are ready to make the pizza.
- In a bowl take about ½ cup of the tomato paste and add the oregano, chili flakes and garlic to it. Mix well.
- On a non stick baking tray or cookie sheet, place the pizza base.
- Evenly spread the pesto on the pizza base. Next slather about 3-4 tbsp or more, depending on the size of the pizza base, of the tomato paste on the pizza base.
- Top with veggies of your choice. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Add some chili flakes.
- Bake in oven at 180 c for 15 mins.
- Turn the oven off, remove pizza and grate as much or as little cheese as you like.
- Garnish with the basil leaves.
- In the mean while turn on the grill at medium.
- Now place the pizza base directly under the grill for another 10-15 mins, or until the veggies develop color and cheese has melted.
- Remove and let is cool for 5mins.
- You could add some tofu as well for extra flavour.
Serve hot or put it in tupperware containers & reheat. Stays well for 2 days.