Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) is my absolute favourite. I can have paneer in any shape or form. But paneer curry is my fav, and I keep trying to reinvent it all the time. So here is one version with a thick peanut gravy.
Paneer with peanut sauce copyright@nevskitchen
- 1 Large Onion
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 Red chillies or just use chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 Cup Roasted Peanuts
- 250g Paneer cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- Water for cooking
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Cut paneer pieces into cubes and add to a bowl with normal water.
- In a blender pot add onion, garlic, peanuts, chilli and coriander powder with some water. Make into a paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the paste and mix well. Cook for 5 mins, stirring well, until oil starts to separate.
- Add salt to taste.
- Drain the paneer cubes and add to the mixture.
- Add as much water as you like to get the consistency of your choice.
- Mix gently.
- Cook uncovered for another 5 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram