My go to recipe, when time is short and energy levels are low. :)
- 2 Bunches of Spring Onion or Scallions
- 2 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- 7-8 Green curry leaves
- 2 Chopped green or red chilies
- 5-6 Cloves of garlic crushed or chopped
- 1 -2 tbsp. Dry or freshly grated coconut
- 3-4 tbsp. Ground peanuts (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. Chili powder( add more or less as you like)
- 11/2 tbsp. Garam Masala
- Finely chop the spring onions & the leaves. Wash & drain.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Ground the chilies & garlic cloves together in a morter & pestel. If you don't have it, then just chop & add.
- Now add the ground mixture along with the curry leaves to the pan. Give it a stir.
- Add the spices. Mix and cook for 1 min and add the coconut.
- Cook everything together stirring constantly so the coconut does not burn.
- Add the chopped spring onion, mix to coat well with the spice mix.
- Add the garam masala and cook for 5-7 mins stirring occasionally. Do not cover the pan.
- After the onions are cooked, add the ground peanuts, mix well and let it cook for another minute. (if you dont have ground peanuts, use chick pea flour or besan)
Like us on Facebook