|Nev's Kitchen - Prasadacha Sheera|
Ingredients: Makes enough for 4 people
(Adjust the quantities per your liking)
- 1 Cup Semolina
- 4-6 tbsp. Ghee or Clarified butter
- 1 Small ripe Banana
- 2 Cups Milk ( I use low fat) or use warm water
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2-3 tsp. Cardamom powder
- Sliced almonds for garnishing & mixing
- Melt the ghee in a medium sized pan, add the semolina & roast till it gets a nice pink color. Roast on medium heat.
- Simultaneously boil the milk in a thick bottomed pot & take it off the heat once its boiled.
- Peel & roughly slice the banana, add to the semolina & mix well.
- Next add the milk & mix everything well. Very imp the ilk or water is warm, if you use cold milk or water the semolina will go sticky & becomes hard.
- Also add the cardamom powder & almonds at this stage.
- its imp to add the cardamom powder later or it will loose its flavor if added to a hot mixture.
- Cook till all the milk is absorbed by the semolina.
- Then add the sugar & mix well again. The mixture will become runny, but it will solidify once the sugar is absorbed.
- Cover & let the sheera cook for 5 mins, make sure all the steam is captured inside the lid.
Also served in small bowls to all your guests who visit you. Its the best prasad ever, and I remember looking forward to it when ever we would attend a function or satyanarayan puja.
Like us on Facebook