Easiest ladoos ever!! Make for a great treat for kids & as an offering during festivals. Or just make them for your snack time, they stay well for at least a couple of weeks.
- 1 cup Besan or Gram flour (available for $2-$3 at any Indian grocery store)
- 1 cup Icing or Powdered sugar
- ¾ Cup or 1 stick or 100gms plain unsalted butter
or you can use ghee, about ½ cup
- 2-3 tsp. Cardamom powder
- Few nuts for garnishing
- In a microwave safe glass bowl add the butter, melt for 30secs.
- Remove bowl from the microwave & add the gram flour or besan. Mix well.
- Put it back in the microwave & cook on high power for total of 3 mins, stirring every 30secs.
- Do not let it cook for more that 30secs at a time, as the flour will burn, especially if you are cooking it at high power.
- Just be patient & stay near the microwave & keep opening the door every 30secs & give it a quick stir. Do this for 3mins.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave mix everything & let it cool completely.
- The idea is to roast the flour, till its slightly brown or changes its color. You will know its done when you can smell the roasted flour.
- I cannot stress enough, how important it is to let the mixture cool completely. I do this in the evening after I come back from work, & let it sit on the counter till I finish cooking all the other meals & then before bed time just quickly roll the ladoos into balls.
To roll the ladoos:
- After the mixture is cooled, add the sugar & cardamom powder.
- You can also add some crushed nuts in the mixture when it’s in the microwave.
Serve fresh or store in a container for 1-2 weeks
These are great to snack on in the evening or when you are studying & feel the need for a sugar rush.
Like us on Facebook