For the gravy:
- 3-4 tsps. Oil
- 2 Dried Red Chillies
- 1tbsp. Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Red chili powder for color
- 1 onion finely chopped
For the spice mixture: Blend to make a coarse powder
- 2-3 tsp. Coriander seeds or powder
- 2-3 tsp.Cumin seeds
- 1-2 Bay leaves
- 4 Cloves
- 5 Black peppercorns
- Small Cinnamon stick
- 1 Cup Red or Green bell peppers cut into cubes
- 1 Cup or 250g Paneer cut into thick cubes
- 1 Small onion cut into chunks or cubes
- In a skillet or small pan add the spice mixture. Roast the spices & blend to make a coarse powder.
- In the same pan heat oil, add dried red chillies and finely chopped onion and cook till onion becomes translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 mins. Next add the spice powder give it a stir and cook for 5 mins.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, mix well before adding the red chilli powder. Continue cooking till oil starts to separate from the onion, spice & tomato mixture.
- Add the bell peppers, cubed onion, cover and cook for another 5-7 mins.
- Now add the paneer cubes (or chicken cubes) give everything a good gentle stir, make sure the cheese pieces don’t break. Cover & cook for another 8-10 mins.
Serve hot with some rotis or naan bread.
Like us on Facebook