|Rassa with Fish|
- 2-3 tbsp. Oil
- 1 tbsp. Cumin seeds or Cumin powder
- ½ tbsp. Poppy seeds (optional)
- ½ tbsp. Chili powder
- 1½ tbsp. Garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp. Coriander powder
- 1 Large Tomato Chopped
- 1 Large or 2 Medium sized Onion Sliced
- 1 tbsp. Desiccated or Shredded coconut
- Salt to taste
- Water for cooking
- Freshly chopped coriander for garnishing
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a deep sided pan. Add cumin seeds let them splutter & add sliced onion. If using cumin powder directly add onions to the hot oil. Next add the poppy seeds.
- Cook onions till they caramelise and turn slightly golden brown. Add the coconut and cook for 1 min. Rest to cool.
- In the mean while you can cut your veggies or Paneer into cubes and keep it ready. Fish, Potatoes. Meat also goes very well with this curry
- Once the mixture is at room temperature add it to a blender along with the coriander powder, garam masala powder & chopped tomato. Blend to a smooth paste by adding a few tbsp. of water.
- In the same pan add about 2 tbsp. oil. Heat the oil & add the curry paste. It will sizzle, so make sure the oil is not super-hot and the gas in on low to medium heat.Add the salt & chili powder. Cook for 8-10 minutes till the paste reduces in volume & oil starts to ooze out from the sides.
- At this stage you can simple add the Paneer pieces or meat or veggies of your choice. Mix to coat all the pieces with the curry paste. Add some water, cover and bring it to the boil or till the veggies or meat are cooked thoroughly. You can also substitute water with 125ml of coconut milk.
Serve hot, garnished with some freshly chopped coriander along with some rice or rotis.
Like us on Facebook