Looking for a fast, utterly delicious snack to spice up your Saturday evening..Nev's Kitchen just conjured up a Palak Pakora platter. Here is the recipe...enjoy these crisp pakoras with some chai, green tea or if you are already in the Saturday night mode with a nice Cocktail.
Tip: Chana dal or besan or gram flour belongs to the lentils family and is supposedly low in glycemic index thus very good for diabetic diet...
Ingredients: Serves ?? ( I can finish this entire platter just by myself, so its up to you how many Pakoras you want to make :) because you cant just have one)
- 10 Large Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Gram Flour or Besan
- 1tsp. Cumin powder
- 1/2tsp. Coriander powder
- 1/2tsp. Ajwain or Thyme seeds
- 1/4tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1tsp. Red chilli powder
- 1/4 Cup water for the batter
- 4-5tbsp. Oil for pan frying
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water to make a pancake like batter. Not too watery or thick.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Dip the leaves in the batter. Make sure the leaves are coated well with the batter.
- Drop them 2 at a time in the pan. Oil should be HOT to get a nice crisp coat.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes. Decant on a tissue paper.
Serve hot with a nice chutney or ketchup