I was sent these exotic date vinegar bottles to taste and try. This salad is just one of the ways I use this deliciousness. If you are looking for the perfect sweet and tangy vinaigrette, then this is it. These date vinegar's are subtle in taste, easy on the pallet and very affordable. You can purchase them from here- http://exoticdate.com.au/
- Salad mix of your choice - I like rocket, spinach and red salad leaves
- 1-2 tbsp Date Vinegar- original flavour
- Shavings of Cheddar Cheese
- Sweet potato fries
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean the sweet potatoes thoroughly using a vegetable scrubber.
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degree c.
- Chop the sweet potatoes either length wise or round circles. No need to peel them.
- In a mixing bowl add the chopped sweet potato slices. Add salt & pepper to taste &1-2 tbsp. olive oil. Mix well to coat all pieces.
- Scatter on a baking sheet and place in the hot oven for 25-30 mins or until they are crisp and slightly brown. Also add a few pieces of garlic along with the potatoes and let it roast.
- To make the salad, add the leaves in a bowl. Add some of the sweet potato fries, garlic cloves and few tsp of the vinegar. Top it with shavings of cheddar cheese and if you are like me, you can add some walnuts for the crunch.
Like us on Facebook