Indian Cookie, which is delicious and goes perfect with chai...Enjoy...Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup Besan or Chick Pea Flour
- 3/4 Cup Maida or Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp. Each Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup Ghee or Clarified butter- room temperature
- 3/4 Cup Caster sugar
- Flaked almonds or Pistachios or Cashews to garnish
- In a bowl cream the sugar and ghee till its becomes pale and sugar is completely dissolved. Use a hand mixer as it can take upto 10mins manually.
- Sieve in all the remaining dry ingredients.
- Mix to combine well.
- Knead to form soft dough.
- Dollop a spoon ful of the dough on a greased cookie sheet or baking tray.
- Place them apart from each other as the cookies will spread as they bake.
- Place some called almonds on each cookie and press gently.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degree Celsius for 20-30 mins.
- Keep an eye as they will start to turn brown if over cooked.
- Remove from oven and let them sit for at least 10 mins to harden.
- Store in a jar for a week or two i.e. if they remain that long 😊
Makes 10-12. Serve with a cup of tea or coffee.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram