|Nevs Kitchen Paneer Curry|
- 350 gm Paneer or Hard Cottage cheese cut into cubes
- 1 Large onion finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 Dry Red chillies
- 4-5 Garlic cloves- crushed
- 2 Green Cardamom pods
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ Cup diced tomatoes/ tomato puree
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Chopped Coriander leaves to garnish
- ½ tsp. Kasuri Methi or Dry Fenugreek Leaves (optional)
- 1 tsp. Red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. Coriander powder
- ½ tbsp. Cumin powder
- 1 tsp. Garam masala powder
- ½ tbsp. Chicken or Paneer Tikka masala (if you don't have this just use more garam masala)
- Make a paste of the ginger & chilies in a morter & pestel.
- Add the paneer cubes in a bowl filled with water. Let them soak for 10 mins, drain and keep aside
To make the curry:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the bay leaf & cardamom pods. Cook till they develop a little color.
- Add finely chopped onions, cook till onions get slightly golden brown.
- Now mix in the ginger chilli paste. Add some salt to taste.
- Cook everything for a few mins, cook on low heat and make sure nothing burns.
- Add the chopped/crushed garlic pods. Mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well. Add all the spices and some water.
- Cook covered for 8 mins, stirring occasionally, till oil starts to separate from the tomatoes.
- Add the paneer cubes and mix gently. Cook covered for another 5 mins.
- Crush some dry roasted kasuri methi and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Let it rest partially covered, for 10 mins before serving.
Serve warm with rice or roti, sliced onions and a nice rose wine.