what veggies I use to grill.
I make paneer-onion-capsicum kebabs, corn on cob, some shrimp or prawns in a quick spice marinate and bake some naan bread. This makes an amazing BBQ menu. Of course we start with some carrots and a store bought dip. A whole garlic gets roasted right on the charcoal, wrapped in foil. And to finish everything off some thing sweet, so we grill a few fruits we have on hand, like bananas or pears or pineapple. Drizzle some chocolate sauce and you have the perfect dessert.
- 250 g Paneer
- 1 tbsp. Mustard powder
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. Cumin powder
- 1/2 Cup Thick Yogurt, I use Greek yogurt as it works best
- 1/2 Cup Gram flour
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Red or Green Capsicums
- Dice the onions & capsicum: into 1/2 inch squares. Separate the onions.
- Cut the Paneer slab into roughly an inch long squares.
- In a large bowl, add the thick yogurt, all the spices, salt and the gram flour.
- Add the mustard soaked oil.
- Toss in the diced, paneer and mix well.
- The gram flour will give it a thick coating.
- Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To make it on the stove top. take a flat pan.
- Turn on heat & add a few tsp of oil.
- Skewer the paneer, capsicum and onion pieces on a metallic skewer.
- Place them on the sizzling pan.
- Roast well from all sides.
Remove & serve hot with some coriander mint chutney or as is, wrapped in some naan bread.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram