- 5-6 Small egg plants
- 1 Large onion very finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1-2 tsp. Kashmiri red chili powder
- 11/2 tbsp. Garam masala powder
- 3/4 tbsp. Cumin powder
- 3/4 tbsp. Coriander powder
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Peanuts powder - (Simply buy raw peanuts, roast them in a pan and grind in a coffee grinder. you don't want a very fine powder. if you don't like the skin of the peanuts, you can buy pre roasted de-skinned peanuts and just grind them.)
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry the egg plants.
- Take a large bowl and fill it with water.
- Remove the stem from the egg plans and on the opposite side of where the stem was, make two slices all the way to the bottom of the egg plant.
- Make sure you don't cut all the way, you just need to make a pocket.
- Do this for all the egg plants and place them in the water, till you work on the masala. This prevents them from turning black.
- To make the masala,
- Add the chopped onion, coriander leaves and all the spices and salt to taste. Add the roasted peanut powder as well. Mix well.
- Add a few drops of oil to bind everything together.
- Take one egg plant at a time and stuff the mixture generously, into the pockets.
- You will have enough spice mixture to stuff the 4-5 egg plants, and some left over for the curry. If you run out of the mixture, just make some more.
- To make the curry:
- Heat 2 tbsp. Oil in a pan.
- Add the remaining masala and cook for a minute.
- Now place all the egg plants in the pan, add some water and season with salt.
- Toss everything together gently so the spice mix coats the egg plants evenly.
- Cook covered for 8-10 mins, or until the egg plants are fully cooked.
Serve hot with rotis or chapatis.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram