Poor man's Tiramisu

So here is my take and may I say a healthy take on everyone's favourite "lift me up" dessert Tiramisu.
It was one of those days when I needed kitchen therapy to relax. I whipped up this recipe and I love the way it's turned out. Coffee, cream and chocolate is my fav combination of all times, so what's there not to like about a tiramisu. Not everyone has all the ingredients for a Tiramisu at home so I used what I had on hand and it turned out great!


So here goes: (Adjust all the ingredients as  per your liking and depends on how may glasses you are making)
  • 1/2 Cup Greek yogurt
  • 2-3 tsp. Vanilla essence
  • 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
  • 6 Chocolate or Vanilla Cream wafer biscuits
  • 2 tbsp Instant coffee
  • Hot water
  • 2 glasses
  • Strawberries to garnish (optional) 
  • Whipped cream (optional)
Method:                                                                
  1. Whisk the yogurt, vanilla essence and sugar together in a bowl. 
  2. Add hot water to the instant coffee and let it cool slightly.
  3. Dunk the cream wafer biscuits in the coffee and place them at the bottom of your glass.
  4. Scop 2 tbsp.  of the yogurt mixture on top of the biscuit, spread evenly and repeat another layer of the biscuits.
  5. Repeat till glass is full.
  6. Dust some cocoa powder on the top along with some whipped cream if you like.
  7. Garnish with strawberries and refrigerate for 30-60 mins.

Hope you like this low cal, easy to make version. I will post an authentic tiramisu recipe soon.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram
 @currymasalaandmore

Comments