Fresh home made naan in 30 mins.
You can refrigerate these for 4 days. Put it in the microwave before eating.
Naan roti or bread
- 2 Cups Plain or All-purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 packet or 3 tsp. Rapid rise yeast
- ½ Cup Plain or Greek Yogurt
- Oil for brushing
- ¾ Cup warm milk
- In a large bowl mix the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, yogurt and milk in a large bowl.
- Knead to make a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Apply some oil & make it into a smooth round ball.
- Place in the same bowl & brush the top with some oil.
- Keep it covered with a cling film or a dry kitchen towel in a warm place. For me it is usually my oven or microwave without turning it on.
- After 30mins the dough would have risen well.
- Toss it out on a clean, floured surface.
- Oil your palms & start kneading the dough again & divide it into 10 equal sized balls.
- Heat a flat pan on the stove & line a baking sheet with some foil.
- Take some plain flour & flatten the balls & start rolling with a rolling pin. You may also use your hands to make the shape of your choice.
- Apply some garlic paste or fresh finely chopped garlic on the top. You may also sprinkle some coriander if desired.
- Place the plain side down on the pan & cook for 5 mins till the base develops a nice golden colour.
- Trasfer to the lined baking sheet. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Once you have enough rotis on the baking sheet, turn the grill on high.
- Place the sheet under the grill & cook the top till it develops a nice golden brown colour.
- Repeat for rest of the rotis.
- Once all the rotis are ready apply ghee or butter.
- Serve hot.