5 days of celebrations!!

The most auspicious festival is here. Ganesh Chaturthi!! 

To read about the festival & its importance click on any of the following links. 
http://currymasalaandmore.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/ganesh-festival-celebrations-sweets.html
https://www.facebook.com/NevsVegKitchen?ref=hl

We host Ganesha for 5 days at my home. 
I like to make something special as an offering to Ganesha everyday. Aarti is done twice a day, once in the morning & evening. Its a special feeling & makes me very happy to have Ganpati in my house & feed him. :) He takes care of us all year long, & I want to do the same for him when he visits our house. 
But I also have to be practical, like most of you I dont have help so I have make recipes that are quick, easy & delicious. These recipes work for me really well, especially when the first day of Ganesh Chaturthi is on a Monday :).
All you girls living overseas, away from home,will understand this. 
You want to make sure its a freshly made "prasad", and its hard to whip up the traditional Indian delicacies after you come home from work or school. 
So I have devised some easy, quick recipes that worked for me over the last two years, & I am happy to share those with you. 
And don’t stress about these recipes, all though they sound complicated the way I have devised them is using regular everyday ingredients. Just plan ahead & you will be fine, make sure you have some nuts, ghee or unsalted butter, besan, semolina, rice flour, sugar, cardamom powder or pods etc. And these are staples in any Indian household, so really other than buying 2 cans of condensed milk, I had all the other ingredients in my store cupboard.

The way I do it is, after I am home from work, I finish off all the other chores, cooking etc. take a shower & prepare these delicacies, do my “aarti & puja”. So it’s really not hard to get this going on a busy work week, of course it helps if you don’t have kids..lol. So I hope these recipes work for you and you are having as much fun as we are in bringing these to you. If you would like to know details about meal planning etc, just let me know & I will do posts for the same.

As for now,stay tuned for special recipes everyday. I have posted my schedule on instagram so you know how I plan ahead. Make sure to follow us there @currymasalaandmore 

Wish you all a happy Ganesh Festival, may lord Ganesha bless you and your family with lots of love & happiness..Ganapati Bappa Morya, Mangalmurti Morya!! 

  Like us on Facebook

Comments