This is one of the easiest & tastiest comfort food recipes that I am so happy to have in my repertoire. I wasn't sure if I should share this recipe as it’s too easy & not really curry based, however a lot of you liked my earlier spaghetti recipe, so I thought I should share this one.
Now you might not enjoy the combination of garlic & peanuts drenched in olive oil, but if you are like me you will fall in love with this combination.
- 8-10 Garlic cloves- sliced
- ¼ Cup Olive oil
- Spaghetti ( as much as you like, I use a big handful for two people)
- ¾ Cup roasted peanuts or ground peanut powder
- 2-3 tsp. Chill flakes (Adjust to your taste)
- Salt & water to cook the pasta
- Black pepper & Cheese (optional) for garnishing
- In a large pot add about a liter of water, bring it to a boil, add 2-3 tbsp salt depending on the amount of pasta you want to make.
- Simultaneously, in a small pan add the oil & garlic slices. Turn the heat on to medium.
- As the oil starts to get hot and the garlic starts to get a brown color, add the peanuts.
- Keep cooking till the garlic pieces are crispy & brown, it takes about 8 mins, since olive oil has a high boiling point, it doesn't take long to get hot.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water & cook till aldente.
- Decant & transfer back to the pot.
- Take the oil off the heat & pour over the drained pasta.
- Toss well, sprinkle with some black pepper & Parmesan cheese if you like.I don’t like anything else on my spaghetti, i just like to dig straight in.Eat to your hearts content.
The peanut & garlic just give this dish a comfort food kind of feeling. I can eat this any time & everyday if I can. But I love it especially when I have had a long day & just want to sit on the couch & watch TV or read a book.
Sometimes if I am eating with Mr N, I make the pasta & my spinach soup. I will post the recipe for it soon.
Like us on Facebook