|That's how me time should be!!|
When I travel for work for more than a week, or sometimes in my earlier life, I would be on the client site for a few months, I would always have packets of popcorn in my minibar to snack on, after a long day. I admit, it was the most unhealthy snack I could eat and it did have its after effects. But since I got married and have my own kitchen I have been making popcorn at home, be it for new years eve parties, movie night with my hubby or when its ME TIME!
So here goes... Nev's Me Time Popcorn...Ingredients: (Makes a small bow full for 2 people)
- 1 Cup Corn Kernels
- 2-3 tbsp Unsalted butter (use more or less depending on your mood)
- Pinch of salt (adjust to your liking)
- A dash of pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a deep pot, I use my pasta pot for this, add the corn ernels and turn on the heat. Start with low- med heat. Cover the pot. Leave untouched or unopened for 15 mins. You can give it a shake half way through, but do no open the lid.
- If you feel the heat is not enough, be brave and turn it up a notch half way through.
- As the popping subsides, slowly turn off the gas and leave standing for 5 secs. Open carefully.
- Pour over the melted butter, salt and pepper.
- And the pièce de résistance for me, is the grated Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle as much as you like, give it all a good shake or mix with wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a large bowl and dive in.
Like us on Facebook