Very easy side dish, the pumpkin cooks so quickly that this dish is ready in a matter or moments. Its a perfect combination of spicy & sweet. Enjoy this simple, healthy pumpkin mash, only from Nev's Kitchen
- 2 Cups Pumpkin chopped into cubes
- 2tsps. Oil
- 1tbsp. Black mustard seeds or mohri
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1tsp. Turmeric powder
- 2tsps. Red chilli powder
- 2tsps. Garam masala
- 1-2tsps. Sugar or Jaggery
- 2tbsps. Shredded coconut (optional)
- Fresh coriander chopped for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds splutter, add turmeric & chilli powder. Add coconut & roast for a few mins.
- Add the pumpkin, mix well. Cover & cook for 5-8 mins.
- As the pumkin starts to soften, sprinkle the garam masala and add salt to taste.Add the jaggery or sugar. If the mixture gets too dry, add a few tbsps. of water. Mix well.
- Lower heat & cook till pumpkin softens. Garnish with chopped coriander.
Like us on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/NevsVegKitchen