Enjoy and keep sharing the love and good food from Nev’s Kitchen.
- 2-3tbsps. Ghee or unsalted butter
- 1 tin (300 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 3-4tbsps. Sugar
- 1Cup full fat milk
- 1kg Carrots grated
- ½ Cup Sliced Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios (you may use all these nuts, or a combination) Raisins and Cardamom powder for garnishing
- In a large thick bottomed, non-stick pan add the ghee. When the ghee melts, add grated carrot and roast for 5-10mins, until carrots soften.
- Add milk and cook carrots on low heat for another 10-15mins till milk is evaporated. You may cover and cook, but make sure to stir the mixture to avoid sticking or burning. I don’t cover it at this stage, I keep stirring and mixing until milk is evaporated, and the carrots have reduced.
- Now add condensed milk. Cook covered for another 10mins till all the milk is absorbed. You may add a few tbsps. of sugar for extra sweetness.
- Now add the nuts and cardamom powder (if available). Leave some nuts behind for garnishing later.
- Once the carrots are cooked completely, the milk has evaporated and you have a nice thick, dense, dry carrot pudding take it off the heat.