No Sugar Sweet

Dedication series: Next stop NYC
Shirin's creation

Manhattan
I call this post “no sugar sweet” because my friend, to whom this post is dedicated, is as sweet as sugar minus the calories lol..I am lucky to have met this smart, loving and pleasantly different friend-Shirin! Shirin will not sugar coat anything she says or does, yet manage to leave you with the sweetest memories. Given my easy going nature, I make friends or what I like to call them- acquaintances, almost instantly…however I don’t make real friends that instantly. The hard Crab shell that surrounds us cancerians, wont let me open up easily, or let people into my cosy, comfortable, sensitive & slightly moody world ruled by the moon :)


My Bday @Pitt 
But once someone cracks through the tough exterior, I don’t let them go off that easily. So when Shirin & I lost contact after leaving Mumbai, there was part of me that wanted to find this friend. Just so you know our friendship is more deep rooted than just friendship”, it is also very materialistic…lol. I know what you are thinking… shouldn’t it be the other way round….well not in our case. And as destiny would have it we met & did what girls do the best., shopped & talked to our hearts content....in the city of dreams NYC, which was the first thing we discussed as flat mates in Mumbai.

Central Park 
Shiru..we have a long way to go and this post is a celebration of our friendship & sisterhood. I can go on & on about this true, extremely brilliant friend that I don’t want to let go off ever...So here's presenting No Sugar Sweet Dates Custard or Khajur Rabri…a recipe by my No Sugar Sweet friend Shirin!! Thanks for letting me share it.
See my next post for the recipe
P.S.-Even though this post might have a sweetness over load, try this healthy desert recipe minus the excess calories…

Comments

Shirin said…
Just read this one again! I'm so greatful to God that I've you in my life Nivu.. xoxoxo
Shirin said…
Every time I meet u / talk to you / think about u I feel that energy and connection Niv.. I wish I could see you more often.