|Tofu Vindaloo with chapatis & mint raita|
Pic Courtesy Jess Scott
|Vindaloo flavoured Spinach & Paneer with Lebanese bread|
Vindaloo has 3-4 kinds of chillies which makes it so hot along with vinegar that adds the acidic flavor to the paste.
- 2tsps. Coriander seeds or coriander powder
- 2tsps.Cumin seeds
- 2tsps.Methi seeds
- 10 Black peppercorns
- 1Cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 Cup white vinegar
- 1-2tsps. Jaggery or Sugar
- 2-3 tbsps.Ginger-Garlic paste
- 4 Dry bay leaves
- 2tsps.Cinnamon powder or 1inch piece of cinnamon
- 4-5 Cardamom pods
- 3-4 Dry Red chillies
- 2-3tsps. Chilli powder
- 3tbsps. oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- Dry roast all the spices and leave them to cool in the same pan add the.
- Fry the onions till they are golden brown.
- Add the onion & dry spices in a blender.
- Add the vinegar & blend to a nice paste.
|Hot Vindaloo Paste it will blow you away|
This paste stays well for 10 days in thr refrigerator, so when ever you feel like having a curry, just get some of this paste out of the bottle & mix with veggies or meat or just plain tofu and you have a quick meal ready in no time.