- 5-6 Medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1-2 Tbsps. Oil
- 1Tsp. Black mustard seeds or cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1-2 Large onions chopped
- 1Tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1-2 Tsps. Red chilli powder
- 2 Tsps. Coriander powder
- 1 Tsp. Cumin powder (optional)
- 1Tbsp. Garam masala powder
- Ground roasted peanuts (optional) a.k.a danaycha kut
- 1 cube of Jaggery or 1Tbsp. Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander to garnish and for flavour
- In a medium sized pan add oil. When hot add mustard seeds and pinch of asafoetida.
- Add the chopped onions. Cook till translucent. Add ginger garlic paste. Cook till the raw flavour of the paste is gone.
- Add turmeric, chilli, coriander and cumin powder. Let all spices cook well. Add the jaggery or sugar.
- Now add the tomatoes. Cook them but make sure you dont over cook them or they will turn mushy.
- Add the garam masala and salt to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes. At this stage add the chopped fresh coriander and ground roasted peanuts. Mix well. Turn off heat. Cover and let it cook in its own heat.