Chilli Cheese Toast

Are the Monday morning blues settling in....they are for me. So I needed something quick, something greasy and spicy. I whipped up my chilli cheese toast, which cures all stress and leaves you pleasurably satiated.
Try this incredibly simple recipe, that will hopefully help you get through the week ahead. :) 
Ingredients: Serves 1
  • 2Slices of bread (use any bread you like)
  • 2tsps.Butter
  • 1tbsp.Milk
  • 1tsp.Corn flour or plain flour 
  • 75g Grated cheddar (use more if you like)
  • 2 Fat Garlic cloves- minced or grated 
  • 1tsp. Chilli flakes 
  • Pepper to taste
Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 250degree C
  2. Grate the cheese & keep aside. 
  3. Toast the bread slices in a toaster & keep aside.
  4. In a small sauce pan,add butter,chilli flakes,crushed garlic,corn flour,milk and grated cheese. Keep mixing till everything melts and forms a thick sauce. 
  5. Add some freshly crushed pepper.
  6. Pour the sauce equally on toasted slices.   
  7. Pop them into the hot oven for 10 mins.

Take them out of the oven and dig in!! :) 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I say! What a rip snorter of a recipe. I could put a fried egg on each slice of toast as well. YUM!