Warm Wintry Pumpkin Soup
Ingredients: Serves 3-4
- ½ Kg Pumpkin
- 1Tsp. Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil or garlic infused olive oil
- 2 Small spring onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- dry or fresh parsley or oregano to garnish
- Cut the pumpkin into half. If possible remove the skin. Or wash and cut into cubes.
- At the same time in a large pot keep some water for boiling. When the water is boiling add the cut pumpkin. It will cook and become tender in about 10 minutes. Drain water, but retain some for adding to the soup later.
- Let it cool, now remove the skin and keep it aside.
- In a pan heat the oil and add spring onions and cumin seeds. Cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Now add the boiled pumpkin cubes. Squash them and mix well.
- You can add garlic or other spices if you want some more flavour.
- In a blender blend the mixture, add some water or cream to adjust the consistency.
Tasty, healty, bright orange pumpkin soup is ready. Garnish with some herbs and pepper.