Where to begin?

This blog is for those who are starting college, living by themselves, got married recently or for those who love some curry, but dont know where to start.
I have been there done that, and I know how frustrating and overwhelming cooking can be if you have no idea where to begin?!
Now, I must warn you I am not a Master Chef...but then who is at the beginning...but I can assure you my simple recipes will not only save your day but also feed the ones you love at an affordable cost....
To start off you must visit your local grocer and then make a trip to an Indian store for some key ingredients.

  • Rice (Basmati preferrably) 
  • Split Yellow Lentils or Moong dal
  • Chick peas (I use organic canned) 
  • Onions
  • Potato
  • Tomato paste or raw tomatoes (which ever you prefer) 
  • Ginger 
  • Garlic
  • Ginger & garlic paste (for those who don't like to chop & peel) 
  • Tamarind paste
  • Coconut milk
  • Spices
    • Garam masala powder
    • Mustard seeds
    • Turmeric powder
    • Chilli powder
    • Cumin Seeds
    • Coriander powder
    • Cumin powder 
    • Salt/Sugar/Pepper
  • Whole wheat flour 
  • Semolina or Rawa 
  • Pohe or flat rice 

  • Olive or Cannola Oil 
If you have these basic items in your store cupboard you can churn up a quick meal in no time! 

Comments